On Line Advertising
What is Online Advertising?
Online advertising is a form of advertising that uses the Internet to deliver marketing messages to entice customers to use your services. Examples of online advertising include contextual ads on search engine results pages, Banner Ads, Rich Media Ads, Online Classified Advertising, and Advertising Networks. Although the influence of online advertising is still being studied, it is a rapidly-growing segment of the advertising dollar.
Why use Online Advertising?
Why you should be using internet advertising? Why should you spend your money on something you are unsure about or have no experience in? Well, there is an age-old motto that says, “It pays to advertise”. You could deliver one of mankind’s most extraordinary pieces of merchandise or service, but if you do not advertise on the Internet, nobody will be capable of discovering you. It really is that simplistic!
Methods of Online Advertising:
- Contextual Ads: Small to medium business owners can save expenses by using a contextual advertising program because the targets are so specific. Certain sites, like news and publisher sites benefit from contextual advertising because the content on these sites is so specific that the returned ads will be targeted to the search engine user.
- Banner Ads: A banner ad is similar to a traditional ad you would see in a printed publication such as a newspaper or magazine, but it has the additional ability of bringing a potential client directly to your Web site.
- Rich Media Ads: Rich media refers to online advertising that makes use of a range of interactive digital media including streaming video and audio. The ads usually change as a user’s mouse passes over.
- Online Classified Advertising: Classified advertising is a form of advertising which is particularly common in newspapers, online and other periodicals, which may be sold or distributed, free of charge. Advertisements in the classified ads are typically short, as they are charged for by the line.
Best Practices of Online Advertising?
Online advertising is an important marketing strategy for many businesses. Best practices include:
- Develop a system to routinely monitor your ad placements as well as your contract with any online advertising or affiliate network.
- Set Clear Objectives: Identify what business goals the campaign is designed to achieve, and, just as importantly, the metrics by which those objectives will be assessed.
If you’d like more information on using Email Marketing to enhance your business please give us a call, we would be happy to help you in any way we can!
Call Now! 1-877-629-3374