Find out what Advertising is working for you in 2012!
Start 2012 off on the right foot! Make sure you know where your advertising dollars are working!
Get Google Analytics installed free on your website. Simply fill out the form on the right of the page and we’ll do the rest.
Find out what advertising is working for you this year.
Does this sound like you? You’re a business owner and you’ve spent some money on web advertising this last year. You understand you have to advertise on the Internet to get your business in front of potential customers since clients turn to the web to search for both products and services. But you don’t know what money was well spent and what wasn’t.
You put some money into advertising but you aren’t sure if you got any results. If you’re like most businesses you probably don’t know if or how much it’s working for you. It’s a bit maddening isn’t it?
If this sounds like you, then read on because we’re about to give you some information that will help you better understand what is paying off and what doesn’t when it comes to your web advertising.
Don’t let the term scare you. Just like the rest of your business analytics apply to your web advertising. If you’re tracking your monthly expenses you can just as easily track your website results.
But what can you use to track, what is able to be tracked and how?
Today you can easily track what is going on with your web advertising with Google Analytics. If you’ve heard of Google Analytics, but haven’t used it, or you’ve tried to use or install it, but haven’t been able then pay close attention here. Here’s what it takes it:
Step 1. Create a Google Analytics account
Step 2. Embed the code on your website (Can’t do it? FILL OUT THE FORM ON THE RIGHT AND WE’LL DO IT FOR YOU FOR FREE*)
Step 3. Wait 24 hours and you can start to see all of the following information:
Here’s what you will start to find out:
- What advertisement visitors came from: This information is incredibly important since you need to know which advertising is actually sending traffic (visitors) to your company.
- How many visitors came to your website: You need to know the volume of people you’re getting in front of and specifically the volume of people per referring source.
- The most visited pages on your website: This helps you understand what information visitors are most interested in on your website so you know what they want or need.
Ok, that’s the basics. Is there more? Yes.
There is a lot more you can do with analytics. Here are some additional things you can setup to track:
- Conversions: This is when someone does what we want them to on the website. For example, you can track what advertisement or referring source sent the visitor who:
- Filled out a Request Form
- Purchased a product
- Locations: You can track what locations visitors came to your website from (to the city)
- Website Flow: You can track the path visitors took through the different pages of your website so you know how visitors flow through the content of your site. This is important because ultimately you would like to steer them to what you want them to see or click on.
There are a ton of good pieces of information that are important to track for your online business. You can track:
- Adword Campaigns
- TV and/or Radio Ads: You can direct a TV consumer directly to a landing page and track the results of how many people visited you as a result of the TV Ad as well as all of the other information listed above.
- Parts of the Day you get most visitors: This can help you understand the best times of the day you should be running your ads.
If you’d like to achieve a better understanding of how your advertising is working make sure to install analytics on your website and find out what your advertising is doing for your business.
Fill out the form on the right and we’ll do it for you for Free*
WebsiteService4All is a BBB accredited member.
*Free installation is available up on review and acceptance of your current website. Not all websites will qualify for the installation. Find out today about tracking your 2012 advertising results. Fill out our form to see if your website qualifies.